For its Second International Conference PAThs has decided to organize a workshop with other projects that work in related fields and have a similar theoretical and scientific approach. This formula will allow to explore possible future strict and structural collaborations.
The workshop will be hosted by the Hiob Ludolf Centre for Ethiopian Studies, projects Beta maṣāḥǝft, TraCES and Landesforschungsförderung Hamburg, Transmission of Knowledge in the Red Sea Area, at Universität Hamburg, in co-sponsorhsip and collaboration with the PAThs project of Sapienza Università di Roma, and in cooperation with the projects Syriaca.org, IslHornAfr and Ethiopian Manuscripts Archives.
Aim of the workshop is to have an informal exchange of practices and outcomes and to discuss among a group of interested parties the following points:
- interactions between projects of digitisation of catalogues of manuscripts from the Christian Orient
- alignment of authority lists practices for Clavis identifiers, ancient places and ancient people
- standards for the reuse of primary canonical texts
- exploitation of common metadata standards for further outputs
- future development perspectives for digital resources in the field
- further points of common interest emerging during the presentations.
A round of presentations of aspects of each project’s efforts wsill take place, with a specific focus on one point of common discussion, followed by a forum of open discussion in each of 3 sessions about (1) manuscripts, (2) literary works and (3) ancient places. We would then like to produce a publication with the outputs of the sessions and of the discussion shortly after the workshop.